Our Approach to Promoting Sustainable Development
ConocoPhillips promotes sustainable development by practicing five competencies: integration, stakeholder engagement, lifecycle management, knowledge management and innovation. We prioritize issues, establish plans of action and monitor performance based on clear goals.
- Integration – Integrating economic, social and environmental considerations into strategic planning, decision-making and operating processes
- Stakeholder Engagement – Consulting stakeholders to help us understand their diverse and evolving expectations and incorporating that understanding into our strategies
- Lifecycle Management – Managing the full lifecycle of our operations, assets and products
- Knowledge Management – Sharing our successes and failures to learn from our experiences
- Innovation – Creating a culture that brings new and innovative thinking to the challenges of our evolving business environment
We’re working to embed these competencies across our global business. Our progress and the challenges we are working on are detailed on our global site at www.conocophillips.com.